[elrepo-devel] a few comment about elrepo's packages

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Fri Aug 28 09:28:58 EDT 2009

On 08/07/2009 01:58 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>    - we want it to be able to package multiple kernel modules (for different
>      kABI versions) for all the main RHEL releases (8.el5, 53.el5, 92.el5,
>      128.el5)

what's the plan for this different packages? or...

> We could use help from the community with everything we are currently
> lacking and I would prefer that we focus on enabling users to help us,
> rather than trying to do everything ourselves.

here's my first patch to the scripts and a few comments:
- kmp_add_requires and kmp_add_buildrequires are similar to other kmp_
variable so you can add extra requires and buildrequires.
- in the spec file some trivial fix and change "+-$kvariant" to
"+$kvariant" since this how the kernel module dir looks like.

is this acceptable for you?
than i'll patch a few kmod to use this new schema.

anyway wouldn't it be useful to create a new packages eg: kmod-devel
which contains this/one common kmodtool (i prefer common kmodtool over
all kmod packages contains it's own kmodtool) and the template files.