[elrepo-devel] Package for the zd1201 firmware

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Fri Jul 23 13:13:35 EDT 2010

On 23 July 2010 17:53, Didi <didi at ribalba.de> wrote:

> I just found a old usb wlan dongle. The driver is in the CentOS 5.5
> kernel but of course the firmware was missing. As you already provide
> the firmware for the zd1211 I though you might be interested in this
> one :)
>
> I have copied the spec file, source rpm and a built version to [1].
> Please have a look and tell me what you think. I would be happy to
> support this package if you need someone.

> [1] http://www.ribalba.de/dump/

Hi Didi,

Thank you for the offer. We are always interested in contributions
from the user-base and when it is from someone of your standing, it
certainly is most welcome.

I will look at the package tomorrow -- unfortunately I do not have the
time this evening -- and assuming there is nothing untoward in the
License with regards to the redistribution of the firmware, I'll give
it a positive vote.

As for support, we would welcome your help and, just as we have done
with others, are prepared to give you "developer" status within the
ELRepo bug tracker. Let's take things one step at a time . . .

Regards,
Alan.