[elrepo] via vb 8001 : vt1211 driver

Adrian Sevcenco Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch
Tue Dec 29 08:05:19 EST 2009

Phil Perry wrote:
> On 12/29/2009 10:12 AM, Phil Perry wrote:
>> On 12/29/2009 01:39 AM, Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
>>> Hi! I have the hardware from $subj and it seems that i lack the vt1211
>>> driver. Is it possible to be packaged for centos 5.4?
>>> [adrian at localhost ~]$ uname -r
>>> 2.6.18-164.9.1.el5
>>>
>>> Thank you very much!!
>>> Adrian
>>>

>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> Thanks for posting here (Adrian brought this subject up on the CentOS ML's).
>>
>> I'll backport the driver for you and get it into the elrepo-testing
>> repository for you to test within the next couple days. I'll post back
>> here to this thread once done.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> I've just uploaded kmod-vt1211 to elrepo-testing. It should show up on
Hi! Thanks a lot!!!

> yum in the next hour or so. It is backported from kernel-2.6.32.2 and is
> kABI compliant with all versions of the RHEL-5 kernel.
>
> Please could you test and let me know how you get on.
it seems that i have to wait a little bit more :)

[root at sevcenco ~]# yum install kmod-vt1211 --enablerepo=elrepo-testing
Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror,
filter-data, keys, kmod, list-data, priorities, protect-packages,
protectbase, verify,
              : versionlock
 * addons: ftp.nb.lug.ro
 * base: ftp.nb.lug.ro
 * extras: ftp.nb.lug.ro
 * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
 * updates: ftp.nb.lug.ro
http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/x86_64/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (111, 'Connection refused')>
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from elrepo-testing: [Errno 256]
No more mirrors to try.

Many thanks!!
Adrian