[elrepo] RFP: mISDN and Dahdi ...

Clinton Lee Taylor clintonlee.taylor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:42:10 EST 2009

>> DAHDI used to be called 'Zaptel', which is short for "Digium Asterisk
>> Hardware Device Interface" ... dahdi is the hardware interface for
>> asterisk or the Open Source VoIP PBX system from Digium ...
>>
>> http://www.asterisk.org/dahdi
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/DAHDI
>>
>> http://www.misdn.org
>> mISDN is the next step in ISDN support, module like development ...
>> Currently using version 1.1.7, which is in
>> http://packages.asterisk.org/centos/ ... This works for some HFC
>> PCI/USB TA devices, which is what I'm using in my PBX.
>>
>> Again, I would rather have these in an Open Repo, where everybody
>> could benefit from regular use.
>>
>> If you have any questions, let me know and I will try fill in the blanks.
>
> One thing that needs to be checked is the licensing issue.  Are they
> GPL'd?  Can you or someone look into this?
 The source code for the patches, which is not really much,can be
found at http://www.yeastar.com/download/ or ...
http://www.yeastar.com/download/ystdm-dahdi-2.2.0.patch.tar.gz ...
This is really just two files, for their 8 port TDM and 16 port TDM
cards.  Reading the top of the source files, both GPL2 ...

 I believe that dahdi and misdn are both GPL too ...

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT