[elrepo] Problems with elrepo fasttrack

Akemi Yagi toracat at elrepo.org
Wed Dec 22 21:44:24 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Richard Chapman
<richard at aardvark.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have been away for a couple of weeks - and noticed on return that yum was
> not offering any updates. On inverstigation - I was geting the following
> error:
>
> yum clean all ; yum -y update ..
(snip)
> http://elrepo.org/linux/fasttrack/el5/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
> HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository meta
>
> I'm not exactly sure what elrepo fasttrck is - nor whether I should have it
> enabled - but disabling it seems to have solved my problem.
>
> Advice on what it is - and whether or when I should enable it would be
> appreciated.

Hi Richard,

We used to provide packages from the RHEL FasTrack channel mainly for
CentOS users. However, ELRepo's fasttrack repo has been deprecated as
of el5.5. You need to update the elrepo-release package which now no
longer has the fasttrack repo entry.

rpm -Uvh http://elrepo.org/elrepo-release-5-1.el5.elrepo.noarch.rpm

Please note that, if you have previously edited the
/etc/yum.repos.d/elrepo.repo file, the new version will be saved as
elrepo.repo.rpmnew.

Akemi