[elrepo] Info Request

Daniele Capocelli danielecapocelli at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 12:27:53 EDT 2010

hello everybody.
I'm having some issues trying to install nvidia proprietary driver on a Centos 5.4 32bit system (using kernel: 2.6.18-164.el5PAE), since with the latest version downloaded from nvidia.com i wasn't able to obtain a working X server. My system has a dual FX 570 configuration (it's a Dell Workstation). I was wondering if i would have been able to get it working through the drivers in the elrepo repository, but before giving it a try (and possibly messin' up my linuxbox again), i would like to know if there's anyone using a configuration similar to mine.
Thank you everybody
D.