[elrepo] el6 kmod-ocfs2 & ocfs2-tools packages

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Fri Apr 8 07:43:29 EDT 2011

On 08/04/11 03:08, Mikey Austin wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My company is looking to upgrade our Centos 5.x systems to SL 6.x. We
> rely heavily on ocfs2 (x86_64 1.4.x) for our www&  mail clustering
> (among other things). The kmod-ocfs2-1.4.7-1.el5.* and
> ocfs2-tools-1.4.4-1.el5.* packages exist in el5 elrepo-testing, so I was
> wondering if there are any plans for el6 versions of these packages
> (1.4.x or similar) in the near future?
>
> Cheers,
> Mikey

Hi Mikey,

Just a quick note - this list is a subscription only list so in future
you'll need to subscribe here in order to be able to post to the lists:

I manually approved your posting this time.

WRT kmod-ocfs2, Dag is the maintainer of that package so I'll let him
address your question, but generally if there is a need then I see
absolutely no reason why it can't be ported to el6.

That said, after quickly looking at kernel.org, isn't ocfs2 already
included in later kernels although I find no reference to it on my RHEL6
system?

Regards,

Phil