[elrepo] LAN driver install w/o network?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Fri Aug 26 09:51:35 EDT 2011

James Bowery wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 3:16 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs
> <mailto:office at plnet.rs>> wrote:
>
>     You will also need to create /etc/sysconfig/network file. It is possible
>     that is why NetworkManager service fails to start.
>
>     What actually happens whey you run /usr/sbin/system-config-network-tui?
>

> Under "Device Configuration" it lists no devices.
>
> What would cause /etc/sysconfig/network to not be created during
> installation?
>
> What would cause it to properly be created now?

As far as I know, /etc/sysconfig/network is created by
system-config-network. It is mostly done in anaconda during install, or
when working network card is introduced.

You can create if by your self, just create that file with following
content:

NETWORKING=yes
NETWORKING_IPV6=no
HOSTNAME=office.plnet.sc

Just replace HOSTNAME with your own system name.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...