[elrepo] Feedback needed for DRBD packages

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Fri Dec 23 10:51:30 EST 2011

I'm a little confused.
drbd83-utils-8.4.1-1.el6.elrepo. shouldn't this be drbd-utils-8.4.1-1.el6.elrepo?

| Van de Lande BV. | Lissenveld 1 | 4941VK | Raamsdonksveer | the Netherlands |T +31 (0) 162 516000 | F +31 (0) 162 521417 | www.vdl-fittings.com |

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: elrepo-bounces at lists.elrepo.org [mailto:elrepo-bounces at lists.elrepo.org] Namens Dag Wieers
Verzonden: vrijdag 23 december 2011 12:02
Aan: elrepo at lists.elrepo.org
Onderwerp: [elrepo] Feedback needed for DRBD packages

Hi,

A recurring theme for the DRBD packages is that because there is a lack of feedback, new updates are not promoted from the testing to stable elrepo repositories.

Can I kindly request for people using DRBD in production, to follow the DRBD announcements and do their testing based on these testing packages when they are made available, rather than wait until they hit the stable repository and then perform the testing ?

I know that it seems very smart to have others do basic testing and only bother doing your own testing once it is promoted to the stable repository. But I guess everybody is being smart together, hence no testing and no promotion ;-)

The alternatives are to automatically promote when no issues arise after 7 days or to not bother going through the testing repository and expose those packages directly to all users. Which would be a disappointment, but it might be more acceptable than having new DRBD releases sit in testing for 2 months.

Feedback is appreciated. We'd like to learn from users...

--

[Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors] _______________________________________________