[elrepo] I Hope This Is A Newbie Question

Stu Statman sstatman at wirelessglue.com
Thu Jul 14 17:35:46 EDT 2011

On 7/14/11 2:25 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 07/15/2011 12:22 AM, Stu Statman wrote:
>> So ... am I missing a really obvious step here? Is this not an issue
>> with kernel-ml and I should look elsewhere?
> You need to install the kernel-ml-devel and kernel-ml-headers
> packages. They are available in the same place as the kernel-ml package.
I installed kernel-ml-devel without a hitch.

I knew that I'd have trouble with kernel-ml-headers because I took a
stab at it before I sent my email. Reading up on it, it seems like I'm
caught in a bind.

1. To install kernel-ml-headers, I need to remove kernel-headers.
2. gcc depends on kernel-headers.
3. So if I need to compile apps (using gcc) against the new headers, I
am out of luck.

Is this a correct assessment?