[elrepo] package suggestion: USB DisplayLink drivers and X11 driver

Covert covert at mighty.sytes.net
Thu Jun 16 21:28:40 EDT 2011

On 06/16/2011 03:55 PM, Phil Perry wrote:
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> Packages for the udlfb kernel module backported from kernel-3.0-rc2 are
> uploading to the el6 testing repository:
>
> http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el6/
>
> kmod-udlfb-0.0-1.el6.elrepo.i686.rpm
> kmod-udlfb-0.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
> udlfb-kmod-0.0-1.el6.elrepo.src.rpm
>
> Regards,
>
> Phil

Hi Phil.  I was testing the x86_64 version, but that worked perfectly.

I installed the driver, and plugged in the monitor.  The module loaded,
and the screen went pure green.

# lsmod |grep udlfb
udlfb                  17248  0

Its a little weird, but that's exactly what its supposed to do, when the
driver loads but there's nothing using the monitor yet.

I hope the list doesn't mind, but I'm attaching a small image, just to
show the monitor (and to give you an idea of the desktop I'm working with.)

Thanks a lot.  I'm going to download the X11 drivers now, compile them,
and see how that goes.

Cheers,
Greg