[elrepo] Installation of acroread will pull in the ATI graphics driver from ELRepo

Tue Mar 15 16:30:58 EDT 2011

Akemi Yagi wrote on 03/15/2011 04:02 PM:
> Hi all,
>
> This issue was first reported in the CentOS forum:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30539&forum=14
>
> On RHEL-6 (or SL-6), if you run 'yum install acroread' with elrepo
> enabled, that would pull in kmod-fglrx and fglrx-x11-drv.

This will not happen if mesa-libGL is already installed, at least with
the Adobe AdobeReader_enu package.

Don't know what happens if one then attempts to install the fglrx
packages.  Not going to try it as I don't have the hardware, but yum
does get as far as offering to install the packages without complaining
about conflicts.

Phil