[elrepo] Adaptec Raid 6805 driver disk EL6

Akemi Yagi toracat at elrepo.org
Thu Oct 6 12:00:29 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Maurits van de Lande
<M.vandeLande at vdl-fittings.com> wrote:
> For some unknown reason Adaptec does not supply a working driver disk for
> the new Adaptec Raid controllers. I have no experience with building a
> driver disk. Is it possible to add the driver disks to the elrepo? (for el5
> and el6).

> This is the link to the Adaptec 6805 source code
>
> http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/downloads/rh/rhel_6/productid=sas-6805&dn=adaptec+raid+6805.html
>
> When I use the driver disk supplied by Adaptec I get the following message
> like “Cannot find a supported driver disk for this OS”. When I open the
> driver disk I see a lot of fc (fedora) related files. No RedHat files.

Offering driver disks is on our ToDo list. As soon as we have
established the procedure to build them, we would be able to offer one
for the driver you are looking for.

In the meantime, could you file an RFE at http://elrepo.org/bugs/ so
that we can update the status?

Akemi