[elrepo] brokenness of kmod-nvidia-96xx for EL6

Riku Anttila rixa at cs.tut.fi
Sat Oct 15 16:39:19 EDT 2011

I realise kmod-nvidia-96xx for el6 is in testing, and at least one
poster has confirmed it does not work. I thought I'd post that it may be
because, at least for me on Scientific Linux 6, modprobe nvidia dies with:

FATAL: Error inserting nvidia
(/lib/modules/2.6.32-131.17.1.el6.i686/weak-updates/nvidia-96xx/nvidia.ko):
Accessing a corrupted shared library

This is logged simultaneously:

Verify ELF error [sec 33 note 12] (assertion 286)
Module failed ELF checks

I confess I have no idea what's going on. For some reason, it doesn't
seem to like the module file? It might even be possible to reproduce
this without the actual hardware.

--
Rixa