[elrepo] Status of ipset-utils and kmod-ipset

Trevor Hemsley themsley at voiceflex.com
Wed Oct 19 11:24:31 EDT 2011

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 10/19/2011 02:42 PM, Trevor Hemsley wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've been reading ticket 83 http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=83
>> <http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=83>  and am unsure what status these
>> packages are now in. I have installed them and can successfully create
>> an ipset but any attempt to actually use said ipset for anything useful
>> results in
>>
>> iptables v1.3.5: Couldn't load match
>> `set':/lib64/iptables/libipt_set.so: cannot open shared object file: No
>> such file or directory
>>

> as I have stated in the same bug ( see note 0000533 ) you have to use a
> recompiled version of iptables or to provide the needed module separately.

There was also a mention in that ticket of just supplying an
iptables-addons rpm to supply only the missing files required to make
ipset work.

I have rebuilt the iptables SRPM from the Russian website then installed
it and tried to use it with the ipset-utils/kmod-ipset RPMs from elrepo
but they do not work together any more as the iptables RPM has been
built against ipset 4.5.1 and not 2.5.0. I had to download the SRPM for
ipset and ipset-kmod and rebuild those too before it would allow me to
add an iptables rule that used an ipset.

This seems to indicate to me that unless someone has stashed a copy of
the ipset SRPM's for 2.5.0 from the Frolov site and is willing to make
them available for download, that the current elrepo copies are now useless.

--
Voiceflex
www.voiceflex.com