[elrepo] Kernel-ml Packages for EL6

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Fri Sep 16 14:05:32 EDT 2011

On 16 September 2011 18:12, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
> On 08/22/2011 11:00 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
>
> An update is overdue. So:
>
> My testers have tested rc6 and I have been thinking about what they
> have told me.
>
> For some variety, I have been working though each and every option in
> the kernel configuration. Yes, every option! I am now down to just 33
> sub-menus in the "Device Drivers" section . . .

> Don't mean sound impatient, but how is the kernel-ml coming along?

Thanks for the bump, Steve.

Apologies to all for the current lack of information. I was working
through sub-menus of the kernel configuration file when an equipment
malfunction (defective monitor and dying mouse), coupled with a
personal health issue put a stop to virtually everything I was doing.
I have "popped up" here and there for minor tasks but most of my own
"interesting" development work has been in a paused state. With a
replacement monitor now in situ and having performed transplant
surgery on two sickening mice (a tail transplant) to give me one
working optical mouse with a nice long tail that terminates in a PS/2
connector, my aim is to pick up on the EL6 kernel-ml work from this
coming Monday.

I hope that will be acceptable to everyone who have been patiently waiting. :)

Alan.