[elrepo] Logo design sought

nux at li.nux.ro nux at li.nux.ro
Thu Feb 9 21:05:16 EST 2012

Phil Perry writes:

> Hi All,
>
> The ELRepo Project is currently seeking a logo design:
>
> http://elrepoproject.blogspot.com/2012/02/elrepo-logo-sought.html
>
> So if you'd like to have a go at designing a logo for the ELRepo
> Project, feel free to send in your ideas. Unfortunately we can't offer a
> prize so you'd have to settle for the prestige and recognition of
> designing the successful logo.
>
> It really is a blank canvas - we have no established image, colour
> scheme or type face so let your creative side run wild.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to read.
>
> Phil

I asked the guy who helped me with the logo for Stella to have a look, but
he's a fairly busy person, so it might take a while to deliver (if at all).

The current logos on that page.. need a redesign. :)
This is the only one I like:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QXhOhWUxgK8/Ty7C9t_NIMI/AAAAAAAAAD8/iiN_dLrDh_0/s1600/ELRepo-circlespotgothic+shadowBinner-small.jpg
But even that looks a bit too much like a pharmaceutical product logo..

I would go for something like a "Sombrero": in the "El" spirit and with
large edges _extending_ the shadow. Just an idea ;-)

--
Nux!
www.nux.ro