[elrepo] Announcement: EL6 kmod-rtl8187se Testing Release [Version 0.0-1]

Thu Jan 5 11:26:36 EST 2012

Phil Schaffner wrote on 01/04/2012 09:24 PM:
> Announcing the release of kmod-rtl8187se packages into the EL6
> elrepo-testing repository:
>
> http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-rtl8187se
>
> This package provides the EL6 driver module for wireless devices based
> on the Realtek RTL8187SE Single-Chip Wireless LAN network interface
> controller and is kABI compatible with all kernels from 6.0
> (kernel-2.6.32-71.el6) upwards.
>
> It is built to depend upon the specific ABI provided by a range of
> releases of the same variant of the Linux kernel and not on any one
> specific build.
>
> The following files are currently syncing to the mirrors:
>
> x86:
> kmod-rtl8187se-0.0-1.el6.elrepo.i686.rpm
>
> x86_64:
> kmod-rtl8187se-0.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
>
> src:
> rtl8187se-kmod-0.0-1.el6.elrepo.src.rpm
>
> End-user testing and subsequent feedback will speed the eventual
> promotion of this package from  elrepo-testing to the main repository.

Please note that the version information in the Subject of the original
announcement was incorrect.  The driver is from the kernel tree staging
directory, and did not have version information; thus it is designated
"0.0-1" as can be seen from the package names.  The bogus version in the
Subject: was accidentally carried over from the old announcement for
something else that I used as a template.

Sorry for any confusion.

Phil