[elrepo] kmod-e1000e

Akemi Yagi toracat at elrepo.org
Wed Jan 11 17:12:18 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM, no.spa at o2.pl <no.spa at o2.pl> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've installed kmod-e1000e for E1000 Intel NIC.
>
> I found that using yum installer it was installed in directory of my oldest kernel I have on this server. I would like to know, what would happen if I will upgrade my current kernel - my preferences will remove oldest kernel which now have elrepo kmod-e1000e. Would it be moved to newer kernel automatically or I will need to reinstall this kmod again?

Our kmods are kABI-compatible, that is, kernel version independent.
They will be installed in the oldest possible kernel (directory). That
particular version of kernel does not have to be installed on the
system. A directory intended for the kmod installation is created if
that does not exist on the system. Uninstalling the kernel you are
referring to will not remove the installed module.

Akemi