[elrepo] kmod-be2net driver request for el6 x86_64

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Fri Jan 27 10:50:37 EST 2012

On 27/01/12 11:09, Maurits van de Lande wrote:
> When I generate network traffic on the NC552SFP network adapter something goes seriously wrong. After a while the server reboots with the following messages:
> (on AMD hardware) (supermicro AS2022G-URF)
> Node 0: NB Watchdog Timer Error
> Node 1: HT Link SYNC Error
> Node 2: HT Link SYNC Error
> Node 3: HT Link SYNC Error
>
> It is a  dual processor server and Node 0 and node 3 should be present.
>
> This did not happen when using 1Gb/s network adapters. I do not know if this is  a driver related error or not but I would gladly install a elrepo build driver. Can this driver be added to the ELrepo?
>
> Source:
> ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-linux/p834914788/v68862/hp-be2net-4.0.359.0-2.src.rpm
>
> Best regards,
>
> Maurits van de Lande

Hi,

The simple answer is yes, we can probably package the driver as a
kABI-tracking kmod which of course gives you the advantage that the
driver will survive kernel updates. But being the same driver, it's not
going to fix the issues you describe above.

Alan normally takes on 3rd party vendor NIC drivers. Could you file an
RFE for the driver at http://elrepo.org/bugs and provide a link to this
thread (and the srpm above). Hopefully Alan will pick it up from there.

Regards,

Phil