[elrepo] Headers question

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Tue Mar 20 19:56:59 EDT 2012

On 20 March 2012 23:27, Joe Henley <joehenley at kc.rr.com> wrote:
> Alan,
>
> As always, your replies are swift and helpful.  Thanks!
>
> But that means the reason I can't get the latest git version of the
> v4l-dvb drivers to build is _not_ because I can't load the headers.
> Which means I have to keep digging to figure out why....
>
> Joe

Hi Joe,

Assuming the build process is something along the classical lines of --

./configure
make

-- then the first thing to check is that the "configure" process has
not grumbled and you've missed it. :)

So, perhaps --

./configure 2> configure-err.txt | tee configure-out.txt

-- will give you two textual files to parse for "mishaps".

If everything is then (apparently) o.k., do likewise for the make --

make 2> make-err.txt | tee make-out.txt

The reason why the make has come to a screeching halt will be at the
tail end of those two make log files. Understanding the cause of the
failure and fixing it will be a separate issue.

Hope that gives you some inspiration.

Alan.