[elrepo] kmod-nvidia: display not found

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 21:09:34 EDT 2012

On 03/24/2012 04:59 PM, Phil Perry wrote:
> If the nouveau drivers load first and bind the device then the nvidia
> drivers are unable to load. Only one driver can bind the device. This is
> why we go to so many lengths to blacklist the nouveau drivers and
> prevent them loading.

Does not explain why I had the problem before there were any nouveau
drivers installed.  And why 275 worked fine under SL 6.1.  The
problem started after the SL 6.2 upgrade.  Note that the SL 6.2 upgrade
used the same kernel as 6.1.  We have since had a kernel update
with no symptom change.

I will install a link from xorg.conf to XF86Config and see.

Thank you for the help,
-T