[elrepo] kernel/kernel-lts separation

Akemi Yagi toracat at elrepo.org
Sun Oct 14 12:57:13 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Phil Perry <phil at elrepo.org> wrote:

> The decision to change is driven purely by user requests/expectations that
> yum can/will update within the current 3.0.y "longterm" branch rather than
> update from that to the latest mainline branch as it does now. Either of the
> proposed methods solves the problem at hand, but I believe the renaming
> route offers the best solution for the reasons I've outlined.

OK, I blame the whole mess on Nux! who started this damn thing. ;-)

Now, someone must become an autocrap^Ht and end the mess, and I nominate myself.

We will adopt the kernel-ml/kernel-lt naming for the mainline/longterm
kernels. At the moment, this translates to:

EL6
kernel-ml 3.6.x
kernel-lt 3.0.x

EL5