[elrepo] Fw: kmod-fglrx

gilesaj gilesaj001 at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 8 09:03:02 EDT 2013

 I had a look at the ATI site and there is a specific driver download for the HD7790 PCI-E.
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/RadeonHD7790CatalystPerformanceDriver.aspx

So I removed the all kmod-fglrx drivers and shutdown and started the PC again.   I downloaded the driver and tried to install but it complained that there was something missing which in the log file said.

Supported adapter detected.
Check if system has the tools required for installation.
fglrx installation requires that the system have kernel headers.  /lib/modules/2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64/build/include/linux/version.h cannot be found on this system.

So I aborted the install and now I am back with the elrepo drivers.   I guess that this indicates that the HD 7790 is not included in the elrepo drivers ????

Cheers Giles