[elrepo] Kernel-lt and the Future

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Thu Aug 8 11:45:49 EDT 2013

Thank you, everyone, for your contributions to this discussion.

This is my current proposal . . .

For Enterprise Linux 6, the kernel-lt package set will be based on
linux-3.10 branch. Those of you who have deployed the current
kernel-lt in a working environment will need to perform the
appropriate tests with the current kernel-ml before this coming
October.

For Enterprise Linux 5, I shall base its kernel-lt package set on the
linux-3.2 branch. I have rather abruptly 'bumped' the configuration
files and have the first release candidate package set available for
testing. The files may be downloaded from:

http://elrepo.org/people/ajb/devel/kernel-lt/el5/

I hope that some of you will be able to test that release candidate
and then report your findings in this thread, please.

Alan.