[elrepo] Questions about rebuilding kmod-nvidia RPM for new kernel

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Thu Aug 29 15:46:56 EDT 2013

On 29/08/13 20:38, Phil Perry wrote:
> On 29/08/13 16:46, Rob Spearman wrote:
>>
>> I installed a 3.9.7-4 kernel on CentOS 6 (via the kernel's 'make rpm')
>> and am running this kernel.  When I try to rebuild the proprietary
>> nvidia driver RPMs using the 319.32 src RPM from elrepo, I have a number
>> of issues.

BTW, have you seen Alan maintains a series of mainline kernel packages
for EL6 here at elrepo:

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml

I see the very latest mainline kernel (kernel-ml-3.10.9-1.el6.elrepo) is
available:

http://elrepo.org/linux/kernel/el6/x86_64/RPMS/

This doesn't help you with your nvidia issues (kmod-nvidia still won't
work with these kernels), but they do provide a conveniently packaged
and maintained solution (provided as is, without any warranty) for those
in need of a newer kernel which can easily be installed and used
alongside the regular RHEL kernels.

Regards,

Phil