[elrepo] NVIDIA and RHEL 6.5 issue (libglamoregl)

Michael Lampe mlampe0 at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 30 19:49:42 EST 2013

Hi Phil,

thanks for mentioning this, it hasn't come to my attention yet.

Changing /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/glamor.conf seems not to be an
option because RH has not marked this file as configuration file. It
will get overwritten by every update.

Recommending uninstallation of xorg-x11-glamor would be too naive,
nobody will probably read the documentation -- especially not me! I
always use the elrepo driver and expect to be set ...

So, my two cents are definitely on "Conflicts: ...".

-Michael

PS: To trigger a bug, a remote rendering test is probably better -- if I
understand this glamor thing somehow. Plus there are shaders, CUDA,
whatever. I uninstalled glamor right away. It's of no use with nvidia
and why later deal with subtle bugs you cannot properly pin down.