[elrepo] Intel video on CentOS 6.4

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Tue Oct 1 03:41:18 EDT 2013

Hello Akemi,

Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 9:41:18 AM, you wrote:

> First, the in-kernel driver i915 should work fine for your graphics
> device. Do you really want to use the Intel driver from ELRepo?

I would like to use vaapi for video playback.

> Second, according to the X log, you are currently using the vesa
> driver. Remove 'nomodeset' from the kernel boot options and try again.

There is a problem with that. Whenever I boot without the 'nomodeset'
option, the machine resets right at the start of the GUI (I just
thought maybe it's when the Intel driver loads, or just about that
moment). This happens in both CentOS and in Ubuntu, with Live CDs and
with installations to HDD.

Not sure what is causing that, but I can't get it to work without
'nomodeset' option at boot... :-(

P.S. My motherboard is Asus P8Z68-V LE, and CPU is an i7-2600S.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey