[elrepo] NVIDIA short-lived versus long-lived branch

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Fri Oct 25 18:05:10 EDT 2013

On 25/10/13 19:04, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 6:10 AM, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:
>> On 5 October 2013 12:26, Phil Perry <phil at elrepo.org> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> So to summarise:
>>>
>>> elrepo: NVIDIA long-lived branch
>>>
>>> elrepo-testing: NVIDIA short-lived branch (only if requested)
>>>
>>> So lets have a discussion and agree on a strategy going forward.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> If I may comment as an observer (not an nVidia graphics user), the
>> above proposal appears to be a good strategy.
>>
>> Alan.
>
> Guess it's time to go ahead with the proposal?
>
> Akemi

Indeed we shall as of the next release of the short-lived branch.

The current short-lived branch (319.xx) being older than the current
release in the main elrepo repository (325.15), this will be a policy we
shall have to implement going forwards rather than one we can implement
right now, unless we demote the current 325.15 release to testing and
update the older 319.xx release to 319.60 and I don't see any obvious
benefit in doing that.

Phil