[elrepo] Announcement: EL5 Updated kmod-option Release [Version 0.7.1-8]

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Oct 30 17:56:15 EDT 2013

On 10/30/2013 10:00 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> Announcing the release of updated kmod-option packages into the EL5
> elrepo repository:
>
> http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-option
>
> This package provides the option kernel module, version 0.7.1-8, using
> code backported from the linux-3.4-rc2 kernel.
The wiki page mentions a different source kernel  from where the code
was backported:

    This package provides the option kernel modules, backported from
    linux-2.6.27.9, to provide extra support for GSM modems.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I have a feeling that either 2.6.27.9 or
3.4-rc2 is incorrect.

         manuel