[elrepo] Announcement: EL5 Updated kmod-option Release [Version 0.7.1-8]

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Wed Oct 30 18:40:35 EDT 2013

On 30 October 2013 22:21, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:
> On 30 October 2013 21:56, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
>>
>> The wiki page mentions a different source kernel  from where the code was
>> backported:
>>

> Hmm . . . Agreed.
>
> [quote]
> [Build64R5 ~]$ rpm -qp --changelog option-kmod-0.7.1-8*
> * Mon Oct 28 2013 Maksim Gefke <ds_shadof at quickpay.ru> - 0.7.1-8
> - http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=421
>
> * Thu Apr 12 2012 Maksim Gefke <ds_shadof at quickpay.ru> - 0.7.1-7
> - Added all HUAWEI and ZTE devices from kernel 3.4-rc2
>
> * Fri Mar 16 2012 Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> - 0.7.1-6
> - Incorporated new patch to support further devices. [Maksim Gefke]
> <snip>
> [/quote]
>
> I'll take a fresh look at the wiki page . . . for I suspect that is
> now outdated.

The relevant page now reads --

[quote]
This package provides the option kernel modules initially backported from
linux-2.6.27.9 and subsequently updated with code from linux-3.4-rc2 (for
HUAWEI and ZTE devices) to provide extra support for those GSM modems.
It is built to depend upon the specific ABI provided by a range of releases
of the same variant of the Linux kernel and not on any one specific build.
[/quote]

I think that is the correct description.

Thank you for reporting the the discrepancy.

Alan.