[elrepo] kmod-rr174x for el7

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Mon Dec 22 12:20:24 EST 2014

On 22 December 2014 at 13:09, Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 22.12.2014 um 00:30 schrieb Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org>:
>> On 21 December 2014 at 21:12, Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm picking my dependencies up to upgrade from el5 to el7.
>>>
>>> Are the any compatibility issues that prevent building this module?
>>
>> The rr174x kmod package has not been built for EL7 simply because,
>> until now, nobody has requested it. I can certainly try to build it .
>> . . sometime tomorrow, Monday.
>>
>> What I will do, straight away, is to open an RFE at our bug tracker
>> and assign it to myself, cross-referencing this thread. (That way I am
>> less likely to forget.)
>

> That sounds good - from my side, this has no priority.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Leon

I have spent some time attempting to build the most current version of
the rr174x code on RHEL7 without success. :(

I started by putting the kmod package together only to find that it
failed to build. I then went back to the Adaptec site and ensured that
I had to latest source tarball. Extracting the contents and testing a
fundamental "make" showed that the code in its current format is not
compatible with a 3.x.y Linux kernel.

So, unfortunately, a EL7 version of the rr174x kmod package is
currently a "non-starter".

Alan.