[elrepo] kmod-rr174x for el7

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 24 12:20:16 EST 2014

Am 23.12.2014 um 20:58 schrieb Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>:
> Am 23.12.2014 um 16:52 schrieb Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org>:
>
>> On 23 December 2014 at 15:34, Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Am 22.12.2014 um 18:20 schrieb Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org>:
>>>
>>> http://highpoint-tech.com/BIOS_Driver/rr1740/Linux/rr174x-linux-src-v2.4-091009-1434.tar.gz
>>> Is this what you have used?
>>
>> Yes, indeed. The source tarball tested was rr174x-linux-src-v2.4-091009-1434.tar.gz
>

> I have opened a support request at highpoint. I will see if they provide support.

The answer is: "Dear customer the RocketRAID 174xx series of controllers are
classified as older products and will no longer have software updates. "

Is there a way to ask a "kernel maintainer" for including the current code?
Maybe the API change between 2.6.z and 3.y isn't so drastic. Or more general,
what possibilities do we have to get support from the "community" to get this
hw supported (a contracted solution would be also acceptable for us)?

--
LF