[elrepo] sym53c8xx kmod for el7

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Mon Dec 29 15:22:50 EST 2014

On 29/12/14 19:26, Phil Perry wrote:
> On 29/12/14 18:05, Michael Weidner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Redhat removed the sym53c8xx driver in RHEL7. Is it posible to build it
>> as kmod in elrepo? I have still many of this scsi cards in my servers
>> for scsi tape drives.
>>
>> Thanks a lot in advance.
>>
>> Michael Weidner
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> I can certainly take a look for you. I'll get back to you here when we
> have packages to test.
>
> Regard
>
> Phil

I've backported the driver from kernel-3.10.63 for you. Packages are
currently syncing to the elrepo testing repository. They should show up
on the mirrors shortly:

kmod-sym53c8xx-0.0-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64.rpm

http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el7/x86_64/RPMS/

To test:

yum --enablerepo=elrepo-testing install kmod-sym53c8xx

Please let us know how they work for you,

Thanks,

Phil