[elrepo] Where should I go to find kernel issues?

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 15:04:35 EST 2014

Hello All,

I have a weird hardware issue with both the ml and lt kernels on CentOS 6.
How can I go about debugging this?

I have an HP laptop that I just re-installed CentOS 6 on.  Using the stock
2.6 kernel, 95% of the hardware works.  However, if I use a 3.10/12 (either
ml or lt) kernel, 99% of the hardware works.  Almost.

With the 3.10/12 kernel, I cannot start cpuspeed.  It cannot write to the
file

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

With the 2.6 kernel, cpuspeed runs just fine.

I'm guessing that the 3.10/12 kernel doesn't have the right cpu speed
scaling drivers compiled in.  Does anyone know how I can tell which driver
the 2.6 kernel uses for this, so I can build it for the 3.10/12 kernel?

Thanks!
-JK