[elrepo] kmod-8188eu package for CentOS 7

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Tue Jul 29 07:52:25 EDT 2014

On 29 July 2014 04:29, Vimanyu Jain <vimanyu87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been having a real tough time getting my USB Wireless adapter to work
> on CentOS 7.
>
> I have posted a thread about it here,
> https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=47498&p=201987#p201987
>
> I was advised to check the elrepo repository and the package does exist in
> testing branch for el6.
> I couldn't install that on my system. It complained of broken dependencies.
>
> Will it be possible to make driver work on CentOS 7?
>

> Thanks
> Vimanyu

Hi Vimanyu,

An RFE has been opened on your behalf in the ELRepo Project's bug tracker. [1]

As I was responsible for building the the kmod-8188eu package for
RHEL6 (and all EL6 clones), I have taken a quick look and it seems
quite straightforward. All being well, I will get the package built
and released to the EL7 testing repository later today.

Alan.