[elrepo] RTL8723be - driver

Konrad Wawryn konrad.wawryn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:25:54 EDT 2014

Hi All,

this is my first post, so I would like to address warm welcome to everyone.

Since two weeks I have new laptop with Wireless Rtl8723be. Unfortunately it
doesnt work as expected. I tried already to compile rtl drivers but it
seems that they are not stable on Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Debian.

I decided to install Centos/Red Hat. Could You please tell me which kernel
supporting this chipset ? I heard that 3.15 and higher. Could You please
suggest me which kernel I need to deploy to be able to use CentOS Desktop
with Wifi ?

Thanks in advance for Your support

Konrad