[elrepo] kmod-fglrx under SL7.2

Sat Dec 3 10:57:31 EST 2016

Hello,

I just installed a system with SL7.2, wanted to be able to view hd
videos I installed the drivers from ati website:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=RHEL%20x86%2064&rev=15.9

After installing those I get a blank screen after the system finishes
booting, so I thought I'd try the one from the elrepo repository:

https://www.elrepo.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=kmod-fglrx

Now my system boots all the way and I have the ati control panel, but
when I boot kodi the screen goes all flashy, as in flickering between
black, blue, and white.

Only thing is at boot I get the following error: no ums support in
radeon.

I tried several boot options which I found on different forum topic
posts, without succes. I have the following videocard:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series]

HD Radeon HD 5450. Is this package not supported with SL7/rhel7 or am I
missing something?

greetings,

Maarten