[elrepo] Possible addition of more kernel modules in future Centos6 kernels?

David Ranch elrepo at trinnet.net
Fri Jun 2 20:09:10 EDT 2017

Hello Alan,

I just installed the EL7-ml and EL7-lt kernels and I didn't see any of
these kernel modules.  Are they expected to be there in EL7 too?

# Here is the current EL7-LT kernel
#
[dranch at dranch-desktop boot]$ grep HAM config-4.4.70-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
# CONFIG_HAMRADIO is not set

#Here is the current EL-ML kernel
#
[dranch at dranch-desktop boot]$ grep HAM config-4.11.3-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
# CONFIG_HAMRADIO is not set

--David

On 05/03/2017 01:57 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 3 May 2017 at 19:00, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:
>> On 3 May 2017 at 16:40, David Ranch <elrepo at trinnet.net> wrote:
>>> Hello ElRepo,
>>>
>>> I'm curious it would be possible to have the following kernel modules
>>> enabled in future Centos6 kernels to save me from having to build the
>>> kernels myself when new kernels are released.
>>> --
>>> CONFIG_HAMRADIO=y
>>>
>>> #
>>> # Packet Radio protocols