[elrepo] Interest in kmod package for lan78xx?

Björn Gerhart gerhart at posteo.de
Tue May 30 09:20:10 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

I need to support the USB LAN chip adapter LAN7850 by Microchip. This NIC model already is integrated in later versions of kernel module lan78xx. Yet, it is not part of the el7 kernel package.

Apparently, support with elrepo's kernel 4.4 package is given.

However, I would kindly ask if someone else also is interested in a kmod package containing the lan78xx module. Yet, I don't know anything about the backport efforts this would mean for el7 (and maybe for el6 also later on).

What are your thoughts on that?

This is the chip's concrete data:
LAN7850, Vendor ID 0x0424, Product ID 0x7850

Thanks and best - Björn