[elrepo] kmod-nvidia-340xx

Fernando fernando at bnl.gov
Wed Sep 6 10:17:27 EDT 2017

I would like to know whether anyone have succeeded configuring
kmod-nvidia-340xx on RHEL 7.4 (64 bit) kernel to run 4 displays?
Display configuration can either be 1x4 or 2x2.

Following are the steps I followed:

1.
https://centos.pkgs.org/7/elrepo-x86_64/kmod-nvidia-340xx-340.102-4.el7_4.elrepo.x86_64.rpm.html

2. Managed to install the kmod driver without any problems on RHEL 7.4
Note: as you perhaps aware of the fact nvidia 340.102 fails to load the
kernel module. Kernel panics and restarts every 60 secs.

3. with two heads 1x2 it works fine

4. But when you start adding displays, e.g. in my case 2x2 it wouldn't work
beyond 3 displays.

I wonder whether anyone succeeded configuring 4 heads, e.g. 1x4 or 2x2?

Thanks