[elrepo] any plans for kernel 4.9 LTS

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 10:29:57 EDT 2017

On 08/09/17 18:03, Phil Perry wrote:
> On 08/09/17 12:15, lejeczek via elrepo wrote:
>> hi guys/gals
>>
>> any plans to land 4.9 in the repo would you know?
>>
>> many thanks, L.
>
> No, not at present. The current LTS versions are 3.10 for
> el6 and 4.4 for el7, and there are no plans to change that
> until support for those kernel versions expire, at which
> point we will look for suitable replacements. The whole
> point of a LTS offering is that we don't change it unless
> we have to.

If you, or any of elrepo's maintainer, are by any chance a
subscriber to LVM mailing list - I sought some help there
recently - then check a thread "raid - how to read this?".
And these are Redhat guys there say about kernel versions
and what they say we should consider as a deal-maker/breaker
as many, most(?) of us use our boxes for some sort of
storage, certainly I did therefore am looking for "good" &
newer kernel version.