[elrepo] Retirement of kmod-fglrx for EL7

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Thu Feb 1 16:49:22 EST 2018

Hello

     RHEL 7.4 rebased Xorg to a version which is not ( and cannot be
made ) compatible with the version of fglrx available from ATI . For
this reason kmod-fglrx is no longer installable either on RHEL 7.4 or in
the derived dsitributions. On top of this, even in the previous minor
releases of RHEL 7 kmod-fglrx did not work 100% OK due to some packaging
bugs which unfortunately I was not able to properly fix.

     Due to the above two reasons, we have decided to retire
kmod-fglrx.  Therefore starting with February 1st 2018, this package is
no longer available in ElRepo.

     Those who want/need to experiment or believe that the package can
still be useful for them can download from github all the opensource
bits which were used to build the package. Feel free to poke me on
freenode for any answered questions or help related to this package.
Time permitting I will be glad to answer / assist.

         wolfy