[elrepo] kernel-lt and kernel-ml updates for Meltdown and Spectre

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Wed Jan 10 15:06:07 EST 2018

On 10/01/18 19:55, Phil Perry wrote:
> I'm starting this thread as somewhere to collect latest information on
> Meltdown and Spectre as relating to the elrepo kernel-lt and kernel-ml
> kernels.
>
> Please feel free to post to this thread, ask questions and share
> information. This is the place to do it.
>
> Please do not open bugs on https://elrepo.org/bugs unless you have
> identified a bug in the elrepo packaging process. They will be closed
> and you will be pointed here. Understand elrepo simply packages the
> upstream kernel source code as-is for your use on RHEL. They are not our
> bugs!
>
> Thank you,
>
> The ELRepo Team.

Some vulnerability checker tools/scripts are listed below. I can not
vouch for their reliability / accuracy so use at your own risk:

Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html

A vulnerability checker script:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/speed47/spectre-meltdown-checker/master/spectre-meltdown-checker.sh

Please feel free to post others you may be aware of.