[elrepo] Kernel 4.12.13 RPM ETA

Kenn Herman devops+elrepo at ifsight.com
Wed Jan 10 17:19:16 EST 2018

First off, I am very thankful and appreciative for all the work everyone is
doing, and not trying to rush. I am just trying to understand and plan
accordingly.

We are currently hoping to run the first kernel > 4.7 that has the start of
addressing Meltdown & Spectre.

In order to schedule and resource, I am hoping to understand approximately
when to expect the Linux kernel 4.12.13 RPM will land on elrepo.

I noticed that for the 4.4.110 release, the was timing was very close to
the time of kernel release:

kernel.org:
Linux 4.4.110
Fri Jan 5 15:44:27 2018 +0100

elrepo.org
kernel-lt-4.4.110-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
05-Jan-2018 13:23 (don't know tz, UTC?)

Kernel 4.14.13 was released today: Wed Jan 10 09:31:23 2018 +0100

Thanks for any insight you can provide!