[elrepo] Kernel 4.15 Released

Sun Jan 28 17:54:52 EST 2018

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1801.3/02794.html <http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1801.3/02794.html>

Will certainly be interesting to see the state of meltdown after kernel-ml packages are built and installed.

Also as Linus states:

"You can do

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/spectre_v2

and if you don't have a compiler that supports the retpoline
mitigations, you'll get:

Vulnerable: Minimal generic ASM retpoline

because only the assembly code (not the C code) will have the
retpoline mitigation. So keep that in mind."

--
Sam McLeod (protoporpoise on IRC)
https://smcleod.net

Words are my own opinions and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or partners.