[elrepo] Announcement: EL7 New kernel-ml Release [4.15.0-1]

Tue Jan 30 18:56:48 EST 2018

Thanks Lachlan,

So the key to having IBRS/IBPB is a retpolite aware compiler...

>>   * Kernel compiled with a retpoline-aware compiler:  NO  (kernel reports minimal retpoline compilation)

What a mess this whole thing is (preaching to the choir I'm sure) - it's turned my head inside out more than once.

Thanks again for the clarification.

--
Sam McLeod (protoporpoise on IRC)
https://smcleod.net

Words are my own opinions and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or partners.