[elrepo] Announcement: EL7 Updated kmod-nvidia package for RHEL7.6

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:25:51 EST 2018

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 11:08 PM Phil Perry <phil at elrepo.org> wrote:

> Another less elegant solution might be to ship a simple rpm package
> (something like elrepo-centos-compat) that provides a yum conf file with
> a wildcard exclude:
>
> exclude=*el7_6.elrepo*
>
> and then as soon as CentOS/SL release their el7.6, we update the package
> to update the exclude to anticipate the next release:
>
> exclude=*el7_7.elrepo*

Question here is when is the good time to update the package. It is
not straightforward because:

CentOS has the CR repo prior to the GA release.
SL makes 'security update' available prior to the GA release.

Some users take advantage of these options, others don't. This is
something each user decides on.

I believe the situation is best handled by the individual users rather
than by ELRepo.

Akemi