[elrepo] kmod-nvidia.el7_4 not available in ELRepo repositories

Frank Thommen f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Nov 21 13:58:57 EST 2018

Hi,

I've learned in the past discussions, that an

   exclude=*el7_5.elrepo* *el7_6.elrepo* *el7_7.elrepo*

in /etc/yym.conf prevents my CentOS 7.4 systems to try to install too
new kmod-nvidia packages.  Unfortunately now I don't get /any/ possible
candidate for kmod-nvidia:

$ yum install kmod-nvidia
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
[...]
Determining fastest mirrors
  * elrepo: dfw.mirror.rackspace.com
No package kmod-nvidia available.
Error: Nothing to do
$

The repositories don't seem to contain any version older than for CentOS
7.5 and he repofile for ELRepo doesn't contain any "vault" or "archive"
repos.

How to deal with that?

And no, we don't have any elrepo mirror (yet), because a) we only very
recently introduced nodes with GPUs and b) this issue took us as a surprise.

Any help is appreciated
frank