[elrepo] kmod-nvidia.el7_4 not available in ELRepo repositories

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Thu Nov 22 14:01:02 EST 2018

On 22/11/2018 17:45, Frank Thommen wrote:

> On 11/22/2018 06:18 PM, Phil Perry wrote:

>>> Hmm.  But there is no el7_4 for kmod-nvidia-410.x in archive-archive
>>> either :-(
>>>
>>> frank
>>
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> Looking back in the changelog for kmod-nvidia, the last version built
>> for el7.4 was version 390.48-1
>>
>> So I suggest you try installing:
>>
>> http://mirrors.coreix.net/elrepo-archive-archive/elrepo/el7/x86_64/RPMS/kmod-nvidia-390.48-1.el7_4.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
>>

>> and the matching nvidia-x11-drv package:
>>
>> http://mirrors.coreix.net/elrepo-archive-archive/elrepo/el7/x86_64/RPMS/nvidia-x11-drv-390.48-1.el7_4.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
>>

>> We only build for the latest point release, so there will not be any
>> later packages for el7.4 from elrepo.
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> Phil
>
> Thanks for the clarification Phil.  Since this is for developers who
> normally require the latest possible driver, I will probably give it a
> try to build the RPMs myself.  This could be a good exercise :-)
>
> Cheers
> frank

In that case Frank, I'd recommend grabbing our latest SRPM and rebuild
using rpmbuild but defining kversion for the kernel you are running. For
example:

rpmbuild --rebuild --target=`uname -m` --define 'kversion
3.10.0-693.el7.x86_64' nvidia-kmod-<version>.nosrc.rpm

Note: elrepo ships these as nosrc.rpm's so you will need to download the
NVIDIA .run file separately and place it in your SOURCES directory. You
will need the matching kernel-devel package installed for the kernel you
are building against.

You should be able to use the matching nvidia-x11-drv package directly
from elrepo without rebuilding it.